- Contact me to check if I am available on your chosen date, then we’ll arrange a relaxed obligation-free meeting or chat via Skype if you are interstate or overseas, where I will put you completely at ease and explain how the process unfolds. Please ask as many questions as you wish!
- As soon as you decide I am the right fit to make your day perfect for you a deposit of $150 will secure your date and together we can discuss your initial thoughts and ideas. I am happy to advise on different locations if you need, particularly for a wet weather back up plan, and will guide you with obtaining a council permit if this is required, for example at any park, beach or public place in either Noosa or the Sunshine Coast.
- We’ll arrange our next meeting where I like to get to know more about you both, your journey together so far and hopes and dreams for your future. I find out about your vision for your day and from that, I will begin to build the foundation of your ceremony. We commence the legal side of things which I make exceptionally easy.
- The Notice of Intent to Marry (NOIM) is the primary legal document required to marry In Australia. It must be lodged with me no later than 31 days prior to your ceremony with at least one of you signing at that time. If you are interstate or overseas that’s fine, this can be easily done where you live and scanned and emailed to me to meet the time frame. The original of the NOIM will be presented when we meet. I will sight your identity documents ~ passports or birth certificates (original) and driver’s licences (or other photographic ID) and if previously married, the divorce order or death certificate as well.
- From then on I commence writing your ceremony using the intuition I gain about your relationship and little details that you would like shared, I use the vast resources that I have (with any you may have found as well) along with my creative writing ability and from this, the first draft is tailored. I fine tune it as many times as necessary to your create the perfect ceremony for you both that is just as you had hoped and will be remembered for a lifetime.
- Two weeks or so before the big day we meet at the venue to have a rehearsal. You may ask anyone you wish to attend, however I really only require the 3 of us to keep it a lovely surprise for everyone else attending.
- On the day of the ceremony I will be at your venue at least 45 minutes prior to the start of the ceremony and I liaise with the photographer, decorator, florist and the set up company to ensure everything is perfect and ready by the time the guests start arriving. I instruct the bridal party where to stand and calm the groom’s nerves while he waits for his bride. I will have thought of everything and after the ceremony we complete the formalities by signing the certificates along with your 2 chosen witnesses who may be anybody over 18……this is a special task to allocate to someone in the family or close friend. You head off to begin your celebrations and I submit the paperwork the next business day to the Queensland Births, Deaths and Marriages Department.
- Within a few days I check back with you and send you the link to easily apply for your official certificate of marriage allowing your name to be changed if you wish.
You are the finest, loveliest, tenderest, and most beautiful person I have ever known and even that is an understatement.