I am a Civil Celebrant on the Sunshine Coast, and I’ve heard my fair share of horror stories. From messing up the words to forgetting the bride and groom’s names, there are many faux pas that can be made by a Civil Celebrant not up to the task.
So here’s a quick guide to choosing the best Civil Celebrant around to help facilitate your big day:
1. Find a Celebrant to suit your ceremony. Is it casual down by the beach, or is it formal in a wedding chapel? Do you want a man or a woman? Someone quirky and outspoken, soft and demure or somewhere in the middle? Or does it not matter to you at all? Remember, a Celebrant will be in most of your pictures when you’re at the altar!
2. Find a Celebrant that is in your local area. I’m not kidding, the most important thing to do when searching online is to look for someone that services your region. Nothing worse than finding
your dream Celebrant only to find out they’re in another state or country! I am both a Sunshine Coast Celebrant and a Noosa Celebrant, conducting Civil Marriages up and down the coastline.
3. Find a Celebrant that is available. Celebrants are hot commodities, so it’s important to ensure your Celebrant is available on your big day. Depending on where you’re at with planning your wedding, as soon as you’ve booked the venue you need to be booking your Celebrant. The best Celebrants are booked out for months, if not years, at a time. Better get a wriggle on!
4. Find a Celebrant that is good value for money. Everyone’s working to a budget with their wedding, and no one wants to blow it out by over spending on a Civil Celebrant. If by this point you’ve narrowed it down to a list of three that you can’t choose from, the price can be a great deciding factor. Ultimately, you get what you pay for. Find someone who is charging a fair price for marrying you, not too much and not too little. That’s the sweet spot.
5. Book them! Once you’ve gone through this checklist and found your dream Civil Celebrant, book them in. It’s really that simple. That’s one extra thing off your wedding checklist, one less thing to worry about!
I am forever passionate about being a Civil Celebrant and getting to share your special day with you and your loved ones is such an honour. Picking the right Civil Celebrant can be really tricky if you don’t know where to start, but chances are if you’re here reading this you’re on the right track. If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact me.
If you know of someone else looking for a Civil Celebrant on the Sunshine Coast feel free to share this guide with them, could be a real time (and life!) saver.